Since, Aadhar Card is now being used everywhere, so it has become a necessary document to keep along with you. With its increasing usage in everyday life, losing or misplacing can become quite troublesome . Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI), which functions under the Planning Commission of India, is responsible for managing Aadhaar numbers and Aadhaar identification cards.
What if you have lost or misplaced your Aadhar Card? Want a new aadhar card download ? Don’t panic. UIDAI has given a facility to download a duplicate copy of Adhar Card online. It needs you to know your Aadhaar number, but you can easily look that up online. The unique 12-digit government identification is not compulsory to have, but it serves as an identity proof on most forms that you’ll fill, and some government agencies also require the Aadhaar these days. It is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian government.
The best part about Aadhar Card is that its digital copy which we download from the UIDAI website is as valid as the Original Card, you can use it in the same way as that. So, if you have lost or misplaced your Aadhar Card or if you want a new one, just land on the official website UIDAI of Aadhar Card, fill the online form and get a fresh digital copy of the Aadhar Card.
The enrollment of Aadhar Card is totally free and the process is quite easy. Follow a few steps and you are done. But before that make sure a few things because those are necessary to download the duplicate copy of aadhar card online.
In order to retrieve the lost Aadhar Card online, make sure that your Aadhar details have correct mobile number or e-mail id registered. This is so required because you will receive your ‘OTP’ (One Time Password) on that mobile number only for further process of duplicate Aadhar Card form download.
To download a duplicate copy of Aadhaar card online, you need to know your UID number or your Aadhar Card Enrolment ID. But in case if you have lost it you need to look up for the number first. Here’s what you need to do:
Also See : Aadhar card address change
- Go to the UIDAI website.
- Make sure that Aadhaar No (UID) is selected from the two options near the top of the screen.
- Type in your full name, as printed on the Aadhaar card.
- Type either the email address or phone number that you used to register for Aadhaar.
- Enter the characters you see in the image above Enter the Security Code.
- Click Get OTP.
- A one-time password will be sent to your email address or phone number, whichever you entered in the form.
- Enter this password in the form next to Enter OTP.
- Click Verify OTP.
- Now you’ll receive your Aadhaar number on via SMS or email.
How to download a duplicate copy of Aadhar Card?
Now that you have got your UID number, you can download a duplicate copy of Aadhar Card. Here is what you need to do:
- Head to the e-Aadhaar page on the UIDAI website.
- Select Aadhaar next to I have.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, full name and the PIN code of your residential address.
- Key in the characters in the image in the field Enter above Image Text.
- Click Get One Time Password.
- This one-time password will be sent to your phone number if you click Confirm in the pop-up. Alternatively, you may click Cancel and have it sent to your email address.
- Enter the password you received into the form next to Enter OTP.
- Click Validate & Download.
Now your Aadhaar card will be downloaded in a password-protected PDF file. The password is the simply the PIN code of your residential address. You can now print this file, and it is a fully valid Aadhaar card.